IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
In accordance with Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act signed October 26, 2001, Arkansas Employees Federal Credit Union is required to obtain a copy of the documents used in identifying our members opening new accounts and in identifying signatory individuals added to an existing or new account.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU...
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents. In some cases, identification will be requested for those individuals transacting business with Arkansas Employees Federal Credit Union prior to the effective date of the member identification requirements because original documentation was not obtained with the opening of the account, or the Credit Union is unable to form a reasonable belief that it knows the true identity of the existing member.
In all cases, protection of each member's identity and confidentiality is Arkansas Employees Federal Credit Union's pledge to you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING FACT ACT:
Due to the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act which amends the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the share accounts.
1. Rate Information. The annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For Regular Savings and Christmas Club accounts, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change quarterly as determined by the Credit Union's Board of Directors. For Money Market accounts, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change monthly as determined by the Credit Union's Board of Directors. The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields are the rates and yield as of the last dividend declaration date, which is set forth in the Rate Schedule. The Regular Savings account is a Tiered Rate account. If your Average Daily balance is from $100.00 to $4,999.99, the first Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account in the Rate Schedule will apply. If your Average Daily balance is $5,000.00 or greater, the second Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account will apply. Once a particular range is met, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield for that balance range will apply to the full balance of your account.
2. Nature of Dividends. Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of the dividend period.
3. Dividend Compounding and Crediting. The compounding and crediting frequency of dividends and dividend period applicable to each account are stated in the Rate Schedule. The Dividend Period is the period of time at the end of which an account earns dividend credit. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the period and ends on the last calendar day of the period.
4. Accrual of Dividends. For all accounts, dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. If you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, you will not receive the accrued dividends. However, for Christmas Club accounts, any accrued dividends will be paid if you close the account within seven (7) days of the date you open it.
5. Balance Information. To open any account you must deposit or already have on deposit at least the par value of one full share in a Regular Savings account. The par value amount is stated in the Fee Schedule. Some accounts may have additional minimum opening deposit requirements. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are stated in the Rate Schedule. For Regular Savings and Money Market accounts, there is a minimum Average Daily Balance required to earn the Annual Percentage Yield disclosed for the dividend period. If the minimum average daily balance is not met, you will not earn the Annual Percentage Yield stated in the Rate Schedule. For accounts using the Average Daily balance method as stated on the Rate Schedule, dividends are calculated by applying a periodic rate to the Average Daily Balance in the account for the dividend period. The Average Daily balance is calculated by adding the balance in the account for each day of the period and dividing that figure by the number of days in the period.
6. Account Limitations. For Regular Savings and Money Market accounts, no more that six (6) preauthorized, automatic, or telephone transfers may be made from each account to another account or to a third party in any month, and no more than three (3) of these six (6) transfers may be made by check, draft, or debit card to a third party. If you exceed these limitations, your account may be subject to a fee or be closed. For Regular Savings accounts if you do not complete payment of $50.00 in your account within six (6) months of admission to membership or within six (6) of the increase in the par value of one share, you may be terminated from membership at the end of the dividend period in which the time elapses. For Christmas Club accounts, the entire may remain in your account or will be paid to you by check or transferred to another account of yours on or after October 1st and the account will remain open. You may make two (2) withdrawals from your Christmas Club account during the club period. For each withdrawal from your Christmas Club account, you will be a fee as disclosed in the Fee Schedule. However, no fee will be charged if the withdrawal occurs within seven (7) days of the date the account is opened.
7. Fees for Overdrawing Accounts. Fees may be imposed on each check, draft, item, ATM card withdrawal, debit card point of purchase, preauthorized automatic debt, telephone initiated withdrawal or any other electronic withdrawal or transfer transaction that is drawn on an insufficient available account balance. The entire balance in your account may not be available for withdrawal, transfer or paying a check, draft or item. You may consult the Funds Availability Policy for information regarding the availability of funds in your account. Fees for overdrawing your account may be imposed for each overdraft, regardless of whether we pay or return the draft, item or transaction. If we have approved an overdraft protection limit for your account, such fees may reduce your approved limit. Please refer to the Fee Schedule for current fee information.
FUNDS AVAILABILITY POLICY
This Disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Arkansas Employees Federal Credit Union.
1. General Policy. Our policy is to make funds from your cash and check deposits available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00 p.m. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
2. Reservation of Right to Hold. In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or it we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, your should ask us when the funds will be available.
3. Holds on Other Funds. If we cash a check for your that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you deposited.
4. Longer Delays May Apply. We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
5. Special Rules for New Accounts. If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open. Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller's, traveler's, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit.
6. Deposits at Nonproprietary ATMs. Funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we do not own or operate will not be available until the fifth business day after the date of your deposit. This rule does not apply at ATMs that we own or operate. All ATMs that we own or operate are identified as our machines.
7. Foreign Checks. Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which it is drawn.
Whether you need help financing a vehicle, obtaining a Home Equity loan, setting up an IRA, starting an education fund or just opening a new checking account, Arkansas Employees FCU can help. Click here for more.
Welcome to Arkansas Employees FCU. For your convenience, we have both forms & applications available on our site:Click here for more.